Saturday, December 11, 2010

Issue 2- "...that Old Feeling"

Well, here I am again. First two-nights-in-a-row posts in a long time...feels good to stretch my sea legs. The Cafe is being built more slowly and methodically this time around, kinda looking for a Blues-infused Juke Joint sort of feel. My heart isnt up to a seaside bungalow any more...brings back memories and feelings that just bring me down. So, to that end, I picked up a vintage juke box the other day and have been touching the chrome up on it--painting and full body repairs coming soon. I have about 30 blues records to put in there, saving the last spot for a real gem...found a copy of DMB's Before These Crowded Streets, and I'm gonna spend the first dollar myself, playing Crush four times.

I want to be a writer. More than anything I've ever wanted. But I'm torn, because I'm not sure I can follow my heart in both the Psychology and Writing directions. I just want to be happy, have the love of a good woman and have enough quiet time to write. That is why the thought of another Bungalow-styled Cafe was out immediately. It reminds me too much of "The Beach", a story that changed my life. And it reminds me that my own happiness is now found in "Clarksdale", a Hell penned by my own fingers. So now I am constructing my own Hell, hoping that my damned Queen will soon join me. 'Scuse me, gotta get back to slapping this coat of Blue on the walls....

No comments:

Post a Comment